Light engulfed the light
What kind of light we lighted!
Light engulfed the light!
Black conspiracy of dark house,
That’s why, allowed owls to dwell, right.
Why live like a cockroach?
In the tinpacked world
Who has made you culprit?
Where is your might?
Don’t sell your hope and dream,
Although, market is decorated.
Seen not the rising sun
Brightness blurred the sight
Why became the statue?
On the life road,
Feelings has been buried or theft,
Put your hand on the cheek,
What you were
And what you are.....
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Light engulfed the light by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- Muse & Drudge [just as I am I come], Harryette Mullen
- When Clouds Thunder, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Beauty Supply, Lee Ann Brown
- Suffering the Unattainable, David Dodd Lee
- Nature and Its Simple ways, Rohit Sapra
- Snowy Owl Goddess, Diane Wakoski
- Much Tattooed Sailor Aboard USS New Jersey, Jehanne Dubrow
- The Ruined Church, David Lewis Paget
- Farewell, Damir Lemaic
- Lovely test, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)