Awake, awake, O my torn fate! Be wise
Why do you fall? Can't you rise?
Hurry up! before the body is buried deep,
Keep thy change that ye must keep.
In the dark, every night, starry dew,
Every day, Sun chirps on my window,
Peck Pearls of my grief, with rays of glow,
Elixir smile- as if sitting in a pew!
In the darkest moment of the life,
When tears incessantly flow then
Open the window, find hope, the peeping sun;
Ah! there is the courage, play with this fife.
Till there is the sun, shall not dew perish?
Hope and struggle unto future ye must kiss.
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Happy by Aftab Alam )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- For Her, M.J. Lemon
- I Broke My Leg, M.J. Lemon
- Get Together in NCCF Benue, Dare Onadele
- A Man Dying, M.J. Lemon
- Force Of Nature, R B Seals
- People I See Sometimes, Casey Renee Kiser
- The Song of My Heart, Amber Carr
- Tales Of A Wife: My Devil, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- ARRIVAL DAY, michael walkerjohn
- Yeh Meri Betian, Akhtar Jawad