Patrick William Kavanagh
Who can put a limit on the way we choose to love
Who can dare to tell us who we choose to share our lives
We may share our hearts and dreams with many or with few,
Only when we listen to our hearts can we be wise,
Then our hearts will tell us what it is that we must do.
None of us can tell if life is going to be long or to be brief.
Love may last a thousand lives, or blossom in a single day.
That Life is meant for loving is my uttermost belief,
And if your love is wise or rash, is just for you to say.
For life Flies by so fast, and only love can conquer grief.
Grasp the nettle firmly and hold tight to all that you hold dear,
Drain the cup of life, don't let you precious minutes drip away.
Don't stop to count the cost of love, Don't live your life in fear,
This day may be your very last, don't wish it all away.
One moment spent in loves embrace, can heal the many lonely years.
Patrick William Kavanagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Limitless love by Patrick William Kavanagh )
- They do as they want, Nassy Fesharaki
- Oh, Dani, Mr. Spock
- The Day Will Come, Mitta Xinindlu
- Unrequited Love, Amber Carr
- Easy It Is To Forget, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loving Is A Wish, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- just done, Rachelle Langley
- You Sheep I Blame, Rocky Wolfbanger
- Additament Amour Apier, Louis Borgo
- Forgotten Bridge, Tim Labbe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)