Patrick William Kavanagh
To Tina With All My Love.
When First we met, all I had left, was ashes in my hand,
You touched me deeply, in a way, that I may never truly understand.
Heart to heart and mind to mind, as if our very souls were joined,
It seemed that long before we met, our fates already intertwined.
I felt my life was over, in the dark and dismal days before we met,
I was ready then, to leave this, sometimes, bitter world without regret.
You came into my life, and healed my broken heart with patience and with love,
Your friendship came to me, so unexpectedly, a blessing from above.
Although you weren't my first love, In my heart I know that you will be my last,
When I gaze into your deep blue eyes, I know our love will grow, I know our love will last.
Words can never let me tell you just how much you mean to me,
Let me share my life with you, and in time, I know that you will see
the many ways that we both help each other, be the best that we can be,
And how the Love we share may last until Eternity.
Patrick William Kavanagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (To Tina With All My Love. by Patrick William Kavanagh )
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
- Let's live in Tokyo, Mark Heathcote
- Second class soul, Liss March
- Yes, I am on this wheel, gajanan mishra
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
- SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SUN, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- I am always with you, gajanan mishra
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)