Eyes spilling over with tears.
Fingers set to a purpose.
Mouths turning to familiar positions.
A flash of red.
Excitement replaced by sorrow.
Irritation building in a boiling pot.
A heart saying its final words on repeat.
Like an ocean without water.
Heavy, grey clouds without rain,
similar to thunder without lightning.
That's my longing to be at your side
A sun sets and a moon rises.
A day set on repeat it seems.
Will tomorrow ever come?
When will life stop and pick me up?
A smile plays on my lips.
An inside actor making the moves
and a director with the script.
Every face a new camera.
Happy moments causing a hollow chest,
making a heart ache for the present.
Seeing too many joyous expressions.
Sitting alone to travel my inner thoughts of misery.
Amelia Murray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longing by Amelia Murray )
- Importance of compassion, gajanan mishra
- A Flower Which Dreams, Rohit Sapra
- Ways of Being Me, Rohit Sapra
- Disappearing Wings, Prasad Natarajan
- One who is against truth, gajanan mishra
- The Rain Falls On The Hill Above, Dennis Lange
- A Mirror, Margaret Alice Second
- Corners Of The Mouth, Saiom Shriver
- Lower Bunk Karma, Saiom Shriver
- Riddle Poem, Kiera Price
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- Blow, Blow, Thou Winter Wind, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)