Eyes spilling over with tears.
Fingers set to a purpose.
Mouths turning to familiar positions.
A flash of red.
Excitement replaced by sorrow.
Irritation building in a boiling pot.
A heart saying its final words on repeat.
Like an ocean without water.
Heavy, grey clouds without rain,
similar to thunder without lightning.
That's my longing to be at your side
A sun sets and a moon rises.
A day set on repeat it seems.
Will tomorrow ever come?
When will life stop and pick me up?
A smile plays on my lips.
An inside actor making the moves
and a director with the script.
Every face a new camera.
Happy moments causing a hollow chest,
making a heart ache for the present.
Seeing too many joyous expressions.
Sitting alone to travel my inner thoughts of misery.
Amelia Murray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longing by Amelia Murray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- Trap Jaw Ant, Ima Ryma
- We Are Worryors, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Sonnet.2. A Prisoner's Reverie, Valsa George
- Take Away My Shoes, Tiffany Alexis