Eyes spilling over with tears.
Fingers set to a purpose.
Mouths turning to familiar positions.
A flash of red.
Excitement replaced by sorrow.
Irritation building in a boiling pot.
A heart saying its final words on repeat.
Like an ocean without water.
Heavy, grey clouds without rain,
similar to thunder without lightning.
That's my longing to be at your side
A sun sets and a moon rises.
A day set on repeat it seems.
Will tomorrow ever come?
When will life stop and pick me up?
A smile plays on my lips.
An inside actor making the moves
and a director with the script.
Every face a new camera.
Happy moments causing a hollow chest,
making a heart ache for the present.
Seeing too many joyous expressions.
Sitting alone to travel my inner thoughts of misery.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longing by Amelia Murray )
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)