Eyes spilling over with tears.
Fingers set to a purpose.
Mouths turning to familiar positions.
A flash of red.
Excitement replaced by sorrow.
Irritation building in a boiling pot.
A heart saying its final words on repeat.
Like an ocean without water.
Heavy, grey clouds without rain,
similar to thunder without lightning.
That's my longing to be at your side
A sun sets and a moon rises.
A day set on repeat it seems.
Will tomorrow ever come?
When will life stop and pick me up?
A smile plays on my lips.
An inside actor making the moves
and a director with the script.
Every face a new camera.
Happy moments causing a hollow chest,
making a heart ache for the present.
Seeing too many joyous expressions.
Sitting alone to travel my inner thoughts of misery.
Amelia Murray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longing by Amelia Murray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- my pair of pretty is all grown up, Mandolyn ...
- A Short Poem, Toshie Nohara
- The Lane, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The gift, John F. McCullagh
- Metamorphosis, Patricia Grantham
- affix me to your infinity, Mandolyn ...
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Animal Rights(A Surrogate Hen), U Win Kyi