Eyes spilling over with tears.
Fingers set to a purpose.
Mouths turning to familiar positions.
A flash of red.
Excitement replaced by sorrow.
Irritation building in a boiling pot.
A heart saying its final words on repeat.
Like an ocean without water.
Heavy, grey clouds without rain,
similar to thunder without lightning.
That's my longing to be at your side
A sun sets and a moon rises.
A day set on repeat it seems.
Will tomorrow ever come?
When will life stop and pick me up?
A smile plays on my lips.
An inside actor making the moves
and a director with the script.
Every face a new camera.
Happy moments causing a hollow chest,
making a heart ache for the present.
Seeing too many joyous expressions.
Sitting alone to travel my inner thoughts of misery.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longing by Amelia Murray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The King, Michael P. McParland
- Envisage Belongings, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Die of Thousands Deaths, Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Provocation! ! !, george albot
- Born as human, hasmukh amathalal
- New Years Heart, Ron Baratono
- It Is Called Time, Naveed Akram
- Ethical living., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dolce Vita, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Aapko Dekh Kavita Likhne Ki Eccha Hoti H.., Bijay Kant Dubey