Look at Me
You look at me like I’m someone you don’t know.
What is it that’s dividing us a part.
Can you feel it?
I can tell it.
Our love isn’t what it used to be
I remember a time when I spoke to you.
You couldn’t take your eyes off me.
And, now you hardly look at me.
What is it that’s making you turn away?
What have I done?
What’s going wrong?
I tried everything to be the woman you wanted me to be.
But, sometimes I just can’t measure up to be what you want me to be.
I tried fixing myself up with all the makeup.
But, sometimes I just want to be me.
I’m not the fancy kind of gal that goes and gets her hair done.
My hair is usually wild and down.
How can I make you want to look at me again?
I don’t always wear eye-makeup.
I don’t always wear high-heeled shoes.
I don’t like feeling toe jam.
Sometimes, I like feeling me silly and simple.
Why can’t you tell that I’m hurting?
This pain is flirting.
Why do I feel like I’m walking alone feeling this pain?
Oh, let it rain.
Let it rain.
That I can feel your eyes peeling back the layers of my pain.
Oh, let it rain.
Where I’m not walking alone in the rain!
Look at me with my hair down.
Before this relationship is blown.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Look at Me by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(01 January 1950)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Truce of Night, Lucy Maud Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable