Look Back See Ahead
Look back see ahead
I was just six when
My mom was no more;
Still can be seen my
A bit away from
The old home shed:
From her ashes a
Flower garden instead.
Though I can hardly remember her,
The scent in the air,
The song of birds,
Sounds of nature,
Brings her memory to bear.
I recall my mother barely at all,
As if through distant portal.
I sent my eyes through this window
Into a world I can never know.
Yet I feel her stillness near,
Her whispers I almost hear;
Don't let myself down
In loss and pain;
Knowing next life we'll meet again.
Kezang Dawa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Look Back See Ahead by Kezang Dawa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo