Look In His Eyes
I saw a man who bartered with life,
Sought for gain in the midst of strife.
His gaze spoke of countless tries…
Can you see that look in his eyes?
There he stands in the throng,
All his hope seems forever gone.
Pause a moment; do not surmise,
See that look in his weary eyes?
You may not see all the treasure,
If you don’t stop and measure,
His life to your life; it may surprise,
You can read the look in his eyes.
Have you ever passed him by,
Just a man with no life, no try?
YOU might be the angel in disguise.
Have you ever looked in his eyes?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Look In His Eyes by Jesse Fast )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Million Man March Poem, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Passenger, Georgina WilksWiffen
- I Raise A Toast To The Rising Sun, Rajesh Thankappan
- I Am An Indian English Poetess, You Call.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Month of Happiness, Robert Bly
- My Garden At Night, Alexander Johnson
- You're Magic, Michael McParland
- Why Not Stand Up?, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Not Stand Up, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unruly Wind, Ozgur Ircan
- JULEKALENDER # IIX, Gunnar Mo.