Look In His Eyes
I saw a man who bartered with life,
Sought for gain in the midst of strife.
His gaze spoke of countless tries…
Can you see that look in his eyes?
There he stands in the throng,
All his hope seems forever gone.
Pause a moment; do not surmise,
See that look in his weary eyes?
You may not see all the treasure,
If you don’t stop and measure,
His life to your life; it may surprise,
You can read the look in his eyes.
Have you ever passed him by,
Just a man with no life, no try?
YOU might be the angel in disguise.
Have you ever looked in his eyes?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Look In His Eyes by Jesse Fast )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman
- Indifference Sows Consequences, Terence G. Craddock
- I am Instant, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- A World of Lies, Hebert Logerie
- Fenced In To Be Viewed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Eid 2014, mazHur Butt
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata