Isles Of Wonder
Come! Come with me yonder.
Dream with me now as I ponder.
Follow me to the faraway lands,
To the isles of the burning sands.
Walk with me where breakers roar,
And waves beat on a rocky shore.
Stand with me on the crumbling cliffs.
Feel the breeze as it blows and shifts.
Let the ocean air fill your very soul,
Watch the waves as they onward roll.
Breathe deeply of the vesper winds,
Hear the cry that the seagull sends.
Tell of ships that missed their goals,
Ruined by rocks and sandy shoals.
Listen to tales that are often told,
Forget not the lives the waters hold!
Look up through the gathering night!
A lighthouse shines, a hopeful sight!
Turn not my eyes, or let me careless be,
Nor let me miss the wonders of the sea…
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Isles Of Wonder by Jesse Fast )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra