Down in my heart,
There's a cry for love.
Deep in my soul,
I seek God above.
I reach for love,
And my heart cries out.
I search in vain,
As I cast about.
To God I plead,
For His strength I long.
I search for joy,
In notes of a song.
I wait in awe,
For His love to dawn.
I see it rise,
And I travel on.
The sun shines above.
I feel the warmth,
I soak in God's love.
A treasure vast,
A gift ever pure.
Living in me,
A peace calm and sure.
God's love is strong,
It glows like a flame.
It burns just the same.
It gives me light,
It shows me the way.
It is here to stay.
Jesse Fast's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Unquenchable by Jesse Fast )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Carolyn Ford Witt
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
Poem of the Day
- Needed Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Needed, Michael P. McParland
- Need To Know, Michael P. McParland
- Need, Michael P. McParland
- Where Did I go wrong, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
- The Constant Factor, Steve Kittell
- The Life Doesn't Stop for Me., Jiya Acharya
- Somewhere In Fantasy Land Hazel Icefrost, Heather Burns
- Beats of the New City., Jiya Acharya