love is different for everyone,
so I dig down deep,
to the bottom of my soul,
so I tell you what MY love is like.
it gives me passion,
it gives me peace.
it makes me feel happy,
makes me feel good about myself,
and face all the obstacles life has for me.
it gives me fire,
a warmth in my heart,
although it makes me blush easily,
I don't mind at all.
it can destroy me,
it can make me hate my stupid actions,
and it can make me think 'what if'....
it could be my downfall.
though it momentarily is out of reach,
will light my soul again.
Anne Unknown's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love by Anne Unknown )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis