It is a feeling which cannot be explained,
When your mind stops working and your heart is over-strained.
You are in a state of absolute delight,
And the face of your beloved always blurs your sight.
When poetry comes naturally,
And sleep eludes regularly,
When walking turns into prancing,
And you feel like singing and dancing.
When your beloved’s comfort and happiness becomes your obsession,
And your reason is repeatedly kicked by your passion.
Then ‘Love’ is the name of your condition,
For which there is only one prescribed medication:
'An equal love from your lover’s side',
This will calm your nerves and peace will reside.
Unrequited love is like severe body ache,
After all, the spurned lover’s heart is at stake.
His / Her eyes are water fountains,
He / She knows that true love can move mountains,
So he / she never stops trying,
Keeps heaving, hoping and crying.
But when love is reciprocated,
Every sentiment uttered for the beloved, seems exaggerated.
The thought of separation is unimaginable,
And feelings and sentiments become totally unmanageable.
The finest of all human sentiments,
‘Love’ knows no divisions, boundaries or impediments.
It spares no mortal soul,
In our lives, ‘Love’ plays an important role.
Supriya Prathapan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love (Romantic) by Supriya Prathapan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Ghazal, Mirza Ghalib
- Within the Circuit of This Plodding Life, Henry David Thoreau
- Summer in Calcutta, Kamala Das
- A.Pushkin, Anchar - translation (rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Expression Eruption: Get out, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lifes Living Limerick, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Relationship FAQ's, LLDr. Gyd
- Need for More, hafiz qasim
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi