Love has got me running around
A field of wild flowers,
She keeps elluding me.
In the hearts of the wilderness,
She turns round mocking me.
Without bread or water,
She left me to fallow.
Like a garden without roses,
My heart is hollow.
Love has got me sitting at the clinic of torn sinew
She stood me up.
In the depths of my loneliness,
She pressed on, caring not.
Without hugs or kisses,
she left me no token.
Like a clock without hands,
My heart is broken.
love has got me singing in the theater of broken dreams,
She enjoys my cries.
Swimming in my tears as it flows
From my red swollen eyes.
Without pattern or rhythm,
She sings me her songs.
Like a guitar without chord,
My heart is beating wrong.
okoye charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Sick by okoye charles )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston