Loving you always hurt me, but I could never stay away.
At first you pushed me away, but then you opened your arms to me.
It was easy, at first, because you let things sway.
But your true colours began to show and now I see.
You are the flame, and I am the moth.
Your flames were the brightest and I became your attraction.
I became your small, defenceless moth.
And I was too slow for a reaction.
I burned in your fire.
I burned in your desire.
My soul singed in your lovely flames.
Silverinna Annastasia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lovely Flames by Silverinna Annastasia )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal