Loves Keen Sting
Loves Keen Sting
I walked along an empty road. Twas dark as night and the weather dreary. I heard a noise and turned to see a sight most pleasing to mine eyes. Behold in the distance. A spectral form. A shining beacon in the night. I am smitten. I run and run. for what seems like hours. Alas you remain ever distant. I have gained no ground. I reach out my hand and in a gasping voice cry out. Prezioso. Prezioso. Come to he who loves you dearly.
Before me you laugh and say I shall come and never shall we be parted. Months go by and we are still of merry mirth and cheer. How richly we laughed. How fiercely we fought. How deeply we loved each other. You are my heart I said at last. I shall love you forever more prezioso.
Alas one day you came to me and said thus, 'Tis not I that is rightful owner of your heart. Alas our love it cannot be. Why? Why, I did ask. I looked to you but you were gone. Where are you dear heart? Where are you who I have loved first? Is it truly not meant to be you who is my prince? Oh to be young again and feel loves keen sting.
Jacob Randall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loves Keen Sting by Jacob Randall )
- The technique of survival., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Gift Logic Can't Buy, Donal Mahoney
- Rain-A Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- My Hero, Electric Lady
- A Drive, Kai Wendland
- a heart full of love..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Poppy Flower, Zubair Ali
- Remembrance., RAJ VIKRAM
- Departures, Donal Mahoney
- Follow not, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)