Loves Keen Sting
Loves Keen Sting
I walked along an empty road. Twas dark as night and the weather dreary. I heard a noise and turned to see a sight most pleasing to mine eyes. Behold in the distance. A spectral form. A shining beacon in the night. I am smitten. I run and run. for what seems like hours. Alas you remain ever distant. I have gained no ground. I reach out my hand and in a gasping voice cry out. Prezioso. Prezioso. Come to he who loves you dearly.
Before me you laugh and say I shall come and never shall we be parted. Months go by and we are still of merry mirth and cheer. How richly we laughed. How fiercely we fought. How deeply we loved each other. You are my heart I said at last. I shall love you forever more prezioso.
Alas one day you came to me and said thus, 'Tis not I that is rightful owner of your heart. Alas our love it cannot be. Why? Why, I did ask. I looked to you but you were gone. Where are you dear heart? Where are you who I have loved first? Is it truly not meant to be you who is my prince? Oh to be young again and feel loves keen sting.
Jacob Randall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loves Keen Sting by Jacob Randall )
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
- Performing To Do Well, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wear a Cons Smile, Kevin Patrick
- Being aware, hasmukh amathalal
- Needed, Michael McParland
- Glory dies with memory., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sources and termination, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)