Lyudmila Purgina (Russian Federation)
M.Lermontov, A Beggar - translation (rus.)
A beggar stood before the gates
Of Saint Cathedral, asking dole.
His body thin of hunger state
And sufferings - such poor role!
The only bread for pity's sake
He looked for, eyes complete with shout.
But joker a stone placed
In hand which he was holding out.
So I had craved for shared love
With you, and heart was crying.
But feelings best were left apart,
Forever lost by your betrayal.
Poet Other Poems
- A burden
- A haunting melody - rabbit n fox
- A Key
- A little loss
- A love to power
- A needle
- A point
- A rest, which's...
- A.Akhmatova, A sobbing Autumn - translat...
- A.Akhmatova, And in time, when we did cu...
- A.Akhmatova, And there in corner my marb...
- A.Akhmatova, Echo - translation (rus.)
- A.Akhmatova, Grasped my hands... - trans...
- A.Akhmatova, I heard a voice. - Translat...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.