M.Lermontov, A Beggar - translation (rus.)
A beggar stood before the gates
Of Saint Cathedral, asking dole.
His body thin of hunger state
And sufferings - such poor role!
The only bread for pity's sake
He looked for, eyes complete with shout.
But joker a stone placed
In hand which he was holding out.
So I had craved for shared love
With you, and heart was crying.
But feelings best were left apart,
Forever lost by your betrayal.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.Lermontov, A Beggar - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Farewell Summer., richard harris
- SHARING GOD'S GIFTS, Tom Zart
- So Hard, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- I wish to tell you, gajanan mishra
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre