M.Lermontov, A Beggar - translation (rus.)
A beggar stood before the gates
Of Saint Cathedral, asking dole.
His body thin of hunger state
And sufferings - such poor role!
The only bread for pity's sake
He looked for, eyes complete with shout.
But joker a stone placed
In hand which he was holding out.
So I had craved for shared love
With you, and heart was crying.
But feelings best were left apart,
Forever lost by your betrayal.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.Lermontov, A Beggar - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan