M.Tsvetaeva, The soul and the name - translation (rus.)
The soul and the name
by Marina Tsvetaeva
While a ball is laughing with fire rays,
The soul can't sleep quiet.
But I was named by God in the other way,
It is the sea name, of sea kind!
In waltz rounding, with a tender sigh
I can't forget the melancholy sight.
And God presented me the dreams another:
The sea dreams, of sea kind!
The hall is singing, luring with fires,
Singing and calling with the sparkles.
But God has given me the soul other:
It is the sea soul, of sea kind!
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, The soul and the name - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr