M.Tsvetaeva, The soul and the name - translation (rus.)
The soul and the name
by Marina Tsvetaeva
While a ball is laughing with fire rays,
The soul can't sleep quiet.
But I was named by God in the other way,
It is the sea name, of sea kind!
In waltz rounding, with a tender sigh
I can't forget the melancholy sight.
And God presented me the dreams another:
The sea dreams, of sea kind!
The hall is singing, luring with fires,
Singing and calling with the sparkles.
But God has given me the soul other:
It is the sea soul, of sea kind!
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (M.Tsvetaeva, The soul and the name - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mother's Job, Edgar Albert Guest
- Education Coming Full Circle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What Father Knows, Edgar Albert Guest
- To The Boy, Edgar Albert Guest
- His Example, Edgar Albert Guest
- Impediment, Sunny Chopra
- Bravery, Edgar Albert Guest
- Endurance, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Year's New Wish, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Successful Dad, Edgar Albert Guest