Benjamin K Duncan
I pour tears over keyboard.
in a waltz, with death.
in a 3/4 metre
waiting for us to wrong step
abstruse in any era
incongruent with time.
Your face, in photos,
never capturing your smile.
I laugh, hoping;
I don't cry.
smile and tears won't appear.
always a joke,
Even in repose nothing is different,
dismissing every chance to change.
nocturnes more than any other,
truthful; of sadness.
Life is rarely bliss,
Benjamin K Duncan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mad Metre by Benjamin K Duncan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak