Mandatory long sentences July 29th,2012
MANDATORY LONG SENTENCES July 29th,2012
We should have a mandatory sentence for every conviction,
Because some of the sentences are so soft they seem like fiction,
As though the judge was a social worker trying to do good,
Instead of jail the convicted can stay home even though he's a hood.
It's like a get-out-of-jail card in order to commit more crime,
And the politically correct understand this all the time,
Our soft courts bending over backwards to give criminals a break,
But criminals and legal-aid lawyers now expect this angel cake.
And nowadays we have the gangs killing folk here and there,
But they too are aware of the soft system so why should they care?
They know that even if and when they are eventually caught,
The soft do-good judge is likely to be kind and let them walk.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mandatory long sentences July 29th,2012 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam
- Sin Salida, Edwin Cordero