Warren Falcon (04/23/52 - xxxx / Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA)
Marcabre Dance For A Dead Mouse, After Robert Burns and Theodore Roethke
O little mouse, why dost thou cry
While merry stars laugh in the sky? - Sarojini Naidu
Thou art today tossed down
fat with grain.
Teeth sing to poison,
paws dance behind walls
taunting cat's tongue and
my impatient demand
'gainst thy nightly
Now brace for leaves.
Tossed from back porch to woods
Thy ballet's done, bitter fey.
Sun's up, swan song,
The cat play thee for a meal!
Wheel the poison again!
Swell fellow's passed on!
Reel, poison, reel!
Poet Other Poems
- 3 AM Kingfisher Sonata
- A Grief Earned - An Ode Beginning & Endi...
- A Gypsy Cab Author Caught In A Texas Mi...
- A Poem In Fragments Beginning With A Lin...
- A Shabbos Poem Beginning With A Line Fro...
- Abandoned Train Station Near Grandmother...
- After Folly - An Aging Poet Addresses On...
- Alchemical Passes For Father and Son - T...
- Amir, Prince Of Treetops, Now Sleeps In ...
- 'And The Daylight Separated The Mad Boy ...
- Annunciation - for Cesar Vallejo
- Anunciación - para César Vallejo
- Archeology - What The Stele Says 'Upon T...
- Are You Hungry? A Poem For Departure
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.