Marriage Is....... [aspects of marriage; some personal thoughts from a three-time 'loser']
I’m a man who likes marriage, though it doesn’t always like me.
I’m in my fourth (three divorces): may be my last; we’ll see.
Marriage is a tumble. Sometimes I stumble, may even have rumble.
Marriage could be better were both spouses more humble.
It’s a joining of bodies and souls confronting each day
and confronting each other, at rest, and at work, and at play,
with thoughts, emotions, words (or not) , and activities....
varying according to each partner’s proclivities.
It’s sharing life between two people, for “better or worse”,
and often sharing meals, and bedroom, and bathroom, and even “purse”.
Kids or pets, added to marriage, may give it needed zest,
but may also be problematic, like problems on a test.
A mix of emotional and material desires
will sometimes fan OR dowse two people’s nuptial fires.
And though it may be convenient to just say marriage is “love-driven”,
I suggest you can also say at times: “I’m sorry”, and “You are forgiven”.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Marriage Is....... [aspects of marriage; some personal thoughts from a three-time 'loser'] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Tolerancee is...., hasmukh amathalal
- Recalling Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep, Adam Latham
- Dead To You, Dexsta Ray
- Act Of Charity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vengeance, Leong Ming Loong
- Syllable Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Touching Rendition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dahshatgard, Bano Ali
- Safe Haven, Denis Martindale