Mayan mystery shall be revealed
In just a little while.
Confused minds shall be eased,
Though, now, confusion piles.
Some believe the world will end,
But others think not.
Many believe a 'phase shift'
Will be the 'twist' of plot.
Just around the corner,
About two weeks away—
December twenty first—
Looms the D-Day.
The world is filled with angst—
Anxiety at large.
The atmosphere is charged.
The magnitude of preparation,
Driven by pure fear:
Food, water, ammunition
As that day grows near.
'End of the world' parties
Are strategically planned
As people ‘round the globe,
Join the frenzy band.
'Tis a haunting reminder
Of a parallel day—
The hype and commotion
Just another distraction?
Or true cause for alarm?
Hopefully on that day,
Life will be the norm.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mayan-Mystery Reveal by Walterrean Salley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Tazkera–e-bewafa …………, shaik sahal
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Hymn To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- A NIGHT OF INCANTATIONS, Bayo Adebowale
- A Walk In The Woods, Michael Webb
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge