Mayan mystery shall be revealed
In just a little while.
Confused minds shall be eased,
Though, now, confusion piles.
Some believe the world will end,
But others think not.
Many believe a 'phase shift'
Will be the 'twist' of plot.
Just around the corner,
About two weeks away—
December twenty first—
Looms the D-Day.
The world is filled with angst—
Anxiety at large.
The atmosphere is charged.
The magnitude of preparation,
Driven by pure fear:
Food, water, ammunition
As that day grows near.
'End of the world' parties
Are strategically planned
As people ‘round the globe,
Join the frenzy band.
'Tis a haunting reminder
Of a parallel day—
The hype and commotion
Just another distraction?
Or true cause for alarm?
Hopefully on that day,
Life will be the norm.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mayan-Mystery Reveal by Walterrean Salley )
Did you read them?
- Those who complain النئائين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 3 Petal Flowers, Kyle Schlicher
- Prosperity Milking Cow Of Good, sallam yassin
- A Blank Page, Elia Michael
- Three Score and Ten, Frank Avon
- Mary Key, Lilly Emery
- ACES AND EIGHTS (The dead man's hand), Alexander Onoja
- Love Is A Feeling, Lilly Emery
- I saw my father, in silhouette, Thomas Leathandrum
- What are these days? !, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)