Million years old water.
Water that I drink from the tap,
either chlorinated or just cleaner than clean.
Water that I drink from the filter,
chlorinated but not filtered appropriately.
Water that I drink from the stand pipe,
has lime residue and smell of the bleach.
Water that take from the well,
contaminated with pollutants of various grade.
Water that I scoop from the pit,
has the color and germs of its own.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Million years old water. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Mangos and Monkeys, Kim Barney
- Mack, Kim Barney
- Who Told You That?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Two Friends, Kim Barney
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes