Are you only mimicing?
Others' that you know?
When you should be dancing to the beat of a song,
A song which is yours' alone.
Why should you care, what others think of you?
Don't they put their pants on, the same as you do?
Is a carbon copy of others' who you wish to be?
Then when you look into your mirror,
A distorted view of you is all you'll see.
We all are made different,
Would be quite boring if all were same.
We all have different thougths we think,
And we all have some different names.
So why then look like someone else?
Just to please anothers' norm?
We will cookie cut our own doe, ray, and me,
Of who it is that God did form.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Mimic' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious
- On Charles, the gray and white kitten wh.., Manny Furious
- Truth, joe foster
- After work, Manny Furious
- The Problem, Aayush Pandey
- No exit, gajanan mishra
- Contemporary loneliness on a Monday night, Manny Furious