O freedom! I seek ye when I gasp for air.
Only I know what I feel when I gasp for air.
All they whole, I want to be as them when I gasp for air.
Sitting behind my smile when I gasp for air.
From whence i sought solace: I gasp for air...
How good it feels to try surreptitiously when I gasp for air.
Shield me! loose clothe, when I gasp for air.
Far far away from a cloistered live, when I gasp for air.
An answer for every inquisitive eye when I gasp for air.
O wishes! how horses I want thou to be when I gasp for air.
Hiding behind my cloud,
Avoiding this heartless rain when I gasp for air.
I'd live life the fullest then I remember: I gasp for air.
How sad I am knowing they articulate of my plight when I gasp for air.
An odious irressistible predicament i find myself by nature when I gasp for air.
From whence my hope cometh from when I gasp for air?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mine Air by Kolade Seun )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak