To toil till strong thy parents as a soilder.
From whence thou were a toddler.
Oh thanks your mother for been with a soilder!
Salutations to thy father for been a great soilder.
What do I offer?
Can it ever be proper?
I know thou art not a pauper?
Or does thou cometh in need of my little feather?
Oh no! Not from a mediocre.
But wait to ponder, what do I have, that I offer?
I know I have not to offer.
Thine creator, our creator, has His bouquet of offerings for thou.
I believe, he has prepared a furnace of wonder for thou,
or does thou shaketh such bother from thy shoulder?
This is just the beginning forthwith!
Topic of this poem: friendship
Kolade Seun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birthday Wish by Kolade Seun )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- To Much Rain, Phil Soar
- Darlene comes in you, Dwitun Basumatary
- Call Bridge, Dwitun Basumatary
- unsaid feelings, tulip mayer
- Earth, Robert Ronnow
- Way home on a Train, Dwitun Basumatary
- Our House In Winter, Tony Adah
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary
- Wintertime, Damian Murphy
- One cloudy summer night, Kenneth Maswabi