It doesn't take years to fall in love
It doesn't take a lifetime either.
I've only known you for a couple of minutes and I already have butterflies in my guy
Funny part is I haven't met you face to face yet. Only on video chat.
I've learned so much about you.
I've been told you were a different, unpleasant person before Military Police in the army.
I love the person I got to meet now.
Hopefully I'll get to me you outside of the military.
Germany seems a billion miles away from where I am at.
New York is always full of activities but it only took minutes to wish I was with you.
It doesnt take more than minutes to meet someone special on video chat.
And it doesnt take years to see you in person.
And it doesn't take a lifetime to fall in love
Lilliana Gomez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Minutes by Lilliana Gomez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 October 1948 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Flowing Red River, Michael P. McParland
- Flat, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Rest, Michael P. McParland
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael P. McParland
- Fighting Together (Perseverance), Michael P. McParland
- Fields Of Flowers, Michael P. McParland
- Our Subtle Inner World*, Tushar Ray
- Feeling Your Love, Michael P. McParland
- Feeling You, Michael P. McParland
- Feel My Touch, Michael P. McParland