There are only shadows –
to an evaporating world.
Time has etched its purpose upon my soul,
eroding away all vestiges of hope,
and life has written the score
of a melancholy tune
upon my heart.
The way forward
is now obscure –
for the path is overgrown with weeds
looking towards the sun,
do I see a new dawn on the horizon,
a world of promise?
Through blurred eyes -
a mirage unfolds
in the distance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirage by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Tales Of A Wife: She Wants To Stay, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Rest my case, Nassy Fesharaki
- de tijd is een philosophie, co the skipper
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911) .., Monk E. Biz
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas