Little King of Sorrows
Mirror Mirror on the wall,
who holds the flame of which I call?
Search within and you will see,
within your heart a memory.
Behind the black of pupil gaze,
beyond the greenish-yellow haze,
within the dark of shadowed veil,
You hold her heart, you walk her tale.
Mirror Mirror tell me more,
Why it's her I'm begging for.
Of many hearts I could proclaim,
In dreamy flights I call her name.
Walk again that wailing night,
when nothing said could take her fright.
You crawled within her wall of pain,
Existence on a different plane.
Mirror Mirror what is real?
of all these crazy things I feel.
I try to sort within my mind,
all these songs I come to find.
Little king, you need not know.
Let the feelings come and go.
Hiding them was not for you.
Here's the path your holding true.
Mirror Mirror, you know me well,
through all the years of bitter hell.
You show me Christ within my soul,
Reflecting in the deepest hole.
Every hair upon your brow,
Your loving God doth take a bow,
The spot on head...that's less than plush,
Soft hearted wink...from heavens brush.
Mirror mirror, you joke and tease,
all the while I beg you please!
As evil consumes the world around,
how shall I know she's safe and sound?
Unselfish man, you really care,
even when she isn't there.
You already know what I will say,
'Close your eyes and start to pray'
Mirror Mirror, what's my call?
As human rights begin to fall.
The rage in me consumes my peace!
In bitter words I pledge 'Release'.
Try to calm and stick to facts.
Be on guard if evil acts.
Stand up front, absorb the blows.
Loving God till breathing goes.
Mirror Mirror, I missed you so.
At times I balled my fist to throw.
With glee I would have watched you crack,
to match the person looking back.
I understand this game is hard,
It's where you hide the final card.
Steady handed, keep things light.
I'll see you again, tomorrow night.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirror Mirror by Little King of Sorrows )
- War (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Finally hope fades away, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What can we do not to sin again? ? ? ?, ademola oluwabusayo
- Childhood collection poem -4, soulful heart
- Tell me you love me, Tiku akp
- All cut jokes, hasmukh amathalal
- Finally Freed (Unbound), Dylan Attard
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- The Long March, Malek Haddad
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)