Missing You Part I: Nine And A Half Days
My gosh, what in the world was that?
When I went, there was supposed to be you!
It's like misfortune pulled a name from a hat,
And it was my name it picked out to chew.
I mean, this was my very last chance
To see you before you went away.
I'm going to bed to get out of this trance.
Wake me up in nine and a half days.
Although I'm upset you are going,
I hope that you have a good time.
With you gone, it will feel like it's snowing,
But I still will be able to rhyme.
I'll try to do a happy song and dance,
Or maybe I'll find something to play.
But I'm going to bed to get out of this trance.
Just wake me up in nine and a half days.
I remember the last time we spoke.
It was the same way I felt, amazing,
I hope the next time I don't choke.
I wonder what memories next time will bring.
Wait a minute, were those pants?
Oh, I'm definitely in some kind of haze!
Now, I'm going to bed to get out of this trance,
So you come and wake me in nine and a half days.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You Part I: Nine And A Half Days by Stephen Carey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Key to My Heart, Whitney Brown
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas Dad, David Boyce
Poem of the Day
- Until Next Time, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Unity and strength., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- That shall keep, hasmukh amathalal
- Change the scene, hasmukh amathalal
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad