Missing You Part I: Nine And A Half Days
My gosh, what in the world was that?
When I went, there was supposed to be you!
It's like misfortune pulled a name from a hat,
And it was my name it picked out to chew.
I mean, this was my very last chance
To see you before you went away.
I'm going to bed to get out of this trance.
Wake me up in nine and a half days.
Although I'm upset you are going,
I hope that you have a good time.
With you gone, it will feel like it's snowing,
But I still will be able to rhyme.
I'll try to do a happy song and dance,
Or maybe I'll find something to play.
But I'm going to bed to get out of this trance.
Just wake me up in nine and a half days.
I remember the last time we spoke.
It was the same way I felt, amazing,
I hope the next time I don't choke.
I wonder what memories next time will bring.
Wait a minute, were those pants?
Oh, I'm definitely in some kind of haze!
Now, I'm going to bed to get out of this trance,
So you come and wake me in nine and a half days.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You Part I: Nine And A Half Days by Stephen Carey )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Snow-Flakes. (Birds Of Passage. Flight T.., Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Of Dreams And Heroes, Mark Gillem
- LAMENT FOR THE FALLEN SAF-PNP BROTHERS, MELVIN BANGGOLLAY
- All the joy, Nick Kler
- Ode to Jokowi, Sari Mavi
- ಶೂನ್ಯ, Deepak Malapur
- Here We Are In The Year 2015, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty