Missing You Part I: Nine And A Half Days
My gosh, what in the world was that?
When I went, there was supposed to be you!
It's like misfortune pulled a name from a hat,
And it was my name it picked out to chew.
I mean, this was my very last chance
To see you before you went away.
I'm going to bed to get out of this trance.
Wake me up in nine and a half days.
Although I'm upset you are going,
I hope that you have a good time.
With you gone, it will feel like it's snowing,
But I still will be able to rhyme.
I'll try to do a happy song and dance,
Or maybe I'll find something to play.
But I'm going to bed to get out of this trance.
Just wake me up in nine and a half days.
I remember the last time we spoke.
It was the same way I felt, amazing,
I hope the next time I don't choke.
I wonder what memories next time will bring.
Wait a minute, were those pants?
Oh, I'm definitely in some kind of haze!
Now, I'm going to bed to get out of this trance,
So you come and wake me in nine and a half days.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You Part I: Nine And A Half Days by Stephen Carey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE لغة خاصة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ikaw lang, Jesus James Llorico
- SEASONS' PRETTY CLOTHES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Daily Grind, Charles Hice
- Winter (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes