Mongolian Green Baby Bottoms...[Mongolian folktale? ; Doctors; Horses; Baby birthmarks]
Yesterday my wonderful wife told me a (perhaps) little known fact.
She said Mongolian babies are born with green buttocks intact.
Well, it's not that they're intact which was so surprising, but
the vision of green butts caused me to be surmising.
She said she's Mongolian, though I call her Japanese,
and she said her two grown daughters' bottoms WERE green...... Geez!
She claims the green lasted for about six months; they are no longer green.
I'll have to take her word for it, as her daughters' butts I've never seen.
Then she told me two related 'tales'. Believe me, there is NO pun intended 'here'.
(1) A Stanford doctor said a U.S. doctor blamed one green butt on a Mongolian mom spanking her Mongolian baby's rear.
The second tale I had more trouble believing, if I may be so bold to say.
(2) Mongolia used to have millions of green horses.....Perhaps they ate too much green Mongolian hay.
The lands which are now brown, in that area north of the China Walls,
were once lands VERY green, colored by green horses' manure dropped all around, not confined to stalls.
Then green horses were dying out, and the last one, before its death, said to an old Mongolian fellow......
'So you'll remember us GREEN HORSES...., FROM NOW ON all Mongolian babies will have GREEN BUTTS......., NOT butts of brown, or white, or yellow.'
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
i do remember her saying something like that, BUT i swear she told me the rest of it also! ! ! anyway we agreed to leave the poem as it is above.
Comments about this poem (Mongolian Green Baby Bottoms...[Mongolian folktale? ; Doctors; Horses; Baby birthmarks] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- How Do I Write? How Do I Feel I, Think I?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Honour Killing (Arabic & Conservative), Bijay Kant Dubey
- There's Been a Horror in the Opposite Ho.., Ismim Putera
- TWO KINDS OF WOMEN, Philo Yan
- The House in the Coconut Farm, Ismim Putera
- Al-Quran and Al-Muqaddam, Ismim Putera
- Why Bathe in the Gutter? Cosmic Love, li.., LUVinThe NOW
- Jeans and Sarong, Ismim Putera
- Removed, Ismim Putera
- Tudung and Selendang, Ismim Putera