Morality of Affection
My love for you will not be accepted by any code of morality.
My love for you is beyond all boundaries of morality.
So what if we can't be together?
So what if we're not allowed to be together?
That doesn't stop me from having feelings for you.
That doesn't stop me from feeling happy every time I see you.
You are, and will always be, a special one.
Even if - unfortunately - you can never be my one.
Topic(s): love hurts
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morality of Affection by Suraj Samtani )
- Conception, Sandra Feldman
- THE GIFT OF A FRIEND, Hibah Shabkhez
- Future Quality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An Idea, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Emotional Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Sonnet, Sheehan Patrick Augustine
- Another Reflective Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Kitten, Hanh Chau
- Thought Pebbles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ever more, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 9 63)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)