If I could go and speak to god
I would tell him many things
Save the world. stop all hurt
Happiness can you bring
I would talk about so many things
To make the world just right
Peace and love no hate no pain
I could end the famine fight
But now that you are gravely ill
I would mention one more thing
Please be kind to my poor child
Make them well again.
I want to save all in the world
I want to make it right
But when I hear my child cry out
I only have one fight
So please dear lord do all you can
To make it right for others
But spare a thought for my poor child
I say this as their mother.
So when You look around your garden
And see an empty place.
don’t look down upon the earth,
And see their tired face.
Don’t take them far away from me
Don’t pluck them from our home
Make them well and leave them here
Leave them well alone
That’s all I have to say to you
A selfish as it sounds
Don’t leave my prayer unanswered
On cold and stony ground.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (mothers prayer by jack frost )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The One-Eyed Astronomer, Francie Lynch
- The Best Book Ever, mary douglas
- Rescue., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Go Live Your Life, Seema Chowdhury
- Main ek phool hun kanto se, jiski nateda.., Aftab Alam
- Let's Make Today Fun, Seema Chowdhury
- LOVE IS LIKE A ROSE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- The Right Answer, Seema Chowdhury
- Faltering is not good, gajanan mishra
- Manassas, I Remember, mary douglas