Ace Of Black Hearts
Once upon a time there was a bunch of crowded streets.
Hustling and bustling, so busy.
Everyone so happy.
Except for this single child.
He walked with a limp, but it wasn't natural.
More of a pain upon the mind.
He was the child who would get into constant fights.
He would always lose, but still he wouldn't throw a punch.
Still he stood up for others.
Protection in self sacrifice.
A harden quality.
I won't employ harm, but I won't allow it either.
That was what he said to himself.
I have nothing to prove.
I owe no one an explanation for the black eyes or bruises.
Because it was my choice to take them.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Choice by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate