Ace Of Black Hearts
Once upon a time there was a bunch of crowded streets.
Hustling and bustling, so busy.
Everyone so happy.
Except for this single child.
He walked with a limp, but it wasn't natural.
More of a pain upon the mind.
He was the child who would get into constant fights.
He would always lose, but still he wouldn't throw a punch.
Still he stood up for others.
Protection in self sacrifice.
A harden quality.
I won't employ harm, but I won't allow it either.
That was what he said to himself.
I have nothing to prove.
I owe no one an explanation for the black eyes or bruises.
Because it was my choice to take them.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Choice by Ace Of Black Hearts )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra
- All one, gajanan mishra
- The ignorant, gajanan mishra
- Poetry For I. H. Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- If Any Sense Is Attempted To Be Made, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Just one kiss, Kelly Curiel
- I love you to the moon and back, Petai Jirakongpipat
- jewel in crown of hell, ademola oluwabusayo
- prostitution, ademola oluwabusayo