'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have lost a loved one)
I can't send you roses
I've tried that once before.
I can't see your smilling face
that use to greet me at the door.
I can't call you on the phone
to wish you, Merry Christmas, and, Happy New Years too
I can't even mail you a card
I have, tried that too.
I can't hear the sound of your sweet voice
Or the children's laughter, hear.
While I can't understand it all
You seem to get, neglected every year.
But I can say that, 'I love you.'
For you are still, to me so dear.
But I wanted to wish you Merry Christmas
and wish that you were, still here.
Dear one, I can't seem to understand why
this cross that I must bear.
And I pray that God has blessed you
'Merry Christmas, ' and may God keep you in His loving care.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have lost a loved one) by Linda Winchell )
- Beneath Covers Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My New Home, Leong Ming Loong
- Lost Sequences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Longing, Leong Ming Loong
- Mr. Conservative Asking Her Daughter, Wh.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Parable, Leong Ming Loong
- The Torture, Leong Ming Loong
- Fanatic's Daughter Miss Burquawalli Met .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Formless Form, Leong Ming Loong
- The Poor Boy, Leong Ming Loong
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love, Ocean Myranda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- 'Happy Happy birthday', Verlecia fields
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)