'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have lost a loved one)
I can't send you roses
I've tried that once before.
I can't see your smilling face
that use to greet me at the door.
I can't call you on the phone
to wish you, Merry Christmas, and, Happy New Years too
I can't even mail you a card
I have, tried that too.
I can't hear the sound of your sweet voice
Or the children's laughter, hear.
While I can't understand it all
You seem to get, neglected every year.
But I can say that, 'I love you.'
For you are still, to me so dear.
But I wanted to wish you Merry Christmas
and wish that you were, still here.
Dear one, I can't seem to understand why
this cross that I must bear.
And I pray that God has blessed you
'Merry Christmas, ' and may God keep you in His loving care.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have lost a loved one) by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper