My Days Are Numbered
My days are numbered, soon will be
Due for eternal, thorough accounting.
My expiry date will evidently
Usher the set time for my leaving.
Such is the mortal fate of each man
No science or drug can abate or defend.
The richest or greatest will be no more than
Mere Dust laid to rest, for Death is the end.
My soul, it will go to its destiny-
Joined with my God Who gave me the promise
With Him I will rest, live eternally
In Faith, in Worship, and in Peace.
'I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end
He will stand upon the earth, after my skin has been
destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.'
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright~~~Cynthia Buhain Baello~~~06.09.13
Comments about this poem (My Days Are Numbered by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid