My Days Are Numbered
My days are numbered, soon will be
Due for eternal, thorough accounting.
My expiry date will evidently
Usher the set time for my leaving.
Such is the mortal fate of each man
No science or drug can abate or defend.
The richest or greatest will be no more than
Mere Dust laid to rest, for Death is the end.
My soul, it will go to its destiny-
Joined with my God Who gave me the promise
With Him I will rest, live eternally
In Faith, in Worship, and in Peace.
'I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end
He will stand upon the earth, after my skin has been
destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.'
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright~~~Cynthia Buhain Baello~~~06.09.13
Comments about this poem (My Days Are Numbered by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- main kalam tha to wo....., sanjay kumar maurya
- A Parable of Immortality, Henry Van Dyke
- Midnight, David Lewis Paget
- tera bhi dour hai....., sanjay kumar maurya
- roj us dariya kinare....., sanjay kumar maurya
- life, Soul Watcher
- Poem for You, David Shapiro
- tumhara har bharam tut...., sanjay kumar maurya
- Beyond Season, Mist or Mystery, Ananta Madhavan
- The Weight of the World, Katinka Havermans
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Birth Day, Elise Paschen
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Palace Of My Beloved, Said Akl
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1886 - 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)