Milica Franchi De Luri
My empty nest**
Why does sadness surrounds me?
Why are my eyes wet with tears?
Why is joy absent from my heart?
Why emptiness abides
where there once was abundance?
With each departure part of me departed
part i can not retrieve
Gone forever in a basket
were memories are gathered
collecting dust and cobwebs.
Revisited only by ponderings.
When the heart is yearning;
to touch, to hold, to see, to hear;
the cry, the laughter,
the yelling, the pleading, the silence.
Every you were you were redy to live
to go with your new found love,
to mouve to your new place,
to go away
i was happy for you
just my heart was bleeding
knowing it had to let you go
to travel your own journey
For i had my time
and i did my best
Now, i know you must do the rest.
Your calling was stronger
then my holding.
And i don't want to cling
i want you to have the best of everything.
Milica Franchi De Luri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My empty nest** by Milica Franchi De Luri )
- Upon Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Global Pie-in-the-sky, stephen ifill
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)