Milica Franchi De Luri
My empty nest**
Why does sadness surrounds me?
Why are my eyes wet with tears?
Why is joy absent from my heart?
Why emptiness abides
where there once was abundance?
With each departure part of me departed
part i can not retrieve
Gone forever in a basket
were memories are gathered
collecting dust and cobwebs.
Revisited only by ponderings.
When the heart is yearning;
to touch, to hold, to see, to hear;
the cry, the laughter,
the yelling, the pleading, the silence.
Every you were you were redy to live
to go with your new found love,
to mouve to your new place,
to go away
i was happy for you
just my heart was bleeding
knowing it had to let you go
to travel your own journey
For i had my time
and i did my best
Now, i know you must do the rest.
Your calling was stronger
then my holding.
And i don't want to cling
i want you to have the best of everything.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My empty nest** by Milica Franchi De Luri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Moonlight Rain, Michael McParland
- Proposal, Ronald Chapman
- Monkey On My Back, Michael McParland
- The Poet's Right, Francie Lynch
- Act 1 scene 1 Romeo, Juliet and there me.., lee fones
- Look East (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- Homage to the Korean Comfort Women (Regi.., Ronald Chapman
- cos the blues, ' TAKES ' - redline bluel.., sEaN nOrTh
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman