Milica Franchi De Luri
My empty nest**
Why does sadness surrounds me?
Why are my eyes wet with tears?
Why is joy absent from my heart?
Why emptiness abides
where there once was abundance?
With each departure part of me departed
part i can not retrieve
Gone forever in a basket
were memories are gathered
collecting dust and cobwebs.
Revisited only by ponderings.
When the heart is yearning;
to touch, to hold, to see, to hear;
the cry, the laughter,
the yelling, the pleading, the silence.
Every you were you were redy to live
to go with your new found love,
to mouve to your new place,
to go away
i was happy for you
just my heart was bleeding
knowing it had to let you go
to travel your own journey
For i had my time
and i did my best
Now, i know you must do the rest.
Your calling was stronger
then my holding.
And i don't want to cling
i want you to have the best of everything.
Milica Franchi De Luri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My empty nest** by Milica Franchi De Luri )
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
- Let me know, Cee Bea
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)