Milica Franchi De Luri
My empty nest**
Why does sadness surrounds me?
Why are my eyes wet with tears?
Why is joy absent from my heart?
Why emptiness abides
where there once was abundance?
With each departure part of me departed
part i can not retrieve
Gone forever in a basket
were memories are gathered
collecting dust and cobwebs.
Revisited only by ponderings.
When the heart is yearning;
to touch, to hold, to see, to hear;
the cry, the laughter,
the yelling, the pleading, the silence.
Every you were you were redy to live
to go with your new found love,
to mouve to your new place,
to go away
i was happy for you
just my heart was bleeding
knowing it had to let you go
to travel your own journey
For i had my time
and i did my best
Now, i know you must do the rest.
Your calling was stronger
then my holding.
And i don't want to cling
i want you to have the best of everything.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My empty nest** by Milica Franchi De Luri )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman