Alon Calinao Dy
My Favorite Christmas Gift
When I was a little kid,
My parents, especially my dad,
Would bring me a toy gun during Christmas.
Perhaps that's where my toughness begins.
My teacher always got mad at me
'Cause I was pointing my toy gun on his face
And I was shouting extremely loud,
'Teacher, teacher, you are dead! '
Well, I was very young at that time;
I didn't exactly know what to do
But this was favorite toy I ever had
'Cause this was my first 'peek-a-boo' as a child.
Toy guy made me what I am today,
A very respected nurse in the city
Where I promote fitness and wellness
For people to prevent various diseases.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Favorite Christmas Gift by Alon Calinao Dy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul