My dreams for you are one of many,
You are after all my grandbaby!
One of my happiest days on this earth,
was the day your mother gave you birth.
On that special day when you were born,
I felt my own life's purpose being reborn.
And now I live just for the chance to see,
My grandbaby all grown up healthy and happy!
There's nothing you can possibly ever say or do,
That would ever make me lose my faith in you.
There's nothing you could ever ask of me,
That I would not do for you and do gladly.
Perhaps you need a shoulder or maybe just an ear to bend.
You'll find mine are better than your parent's or friend's.
And if you need an ally or an arsenal by your side.
You'll never find a more welcome home if you tried.
I long to tell you stories and I long to hear yours too.
I long to spend every moment I can just being with you!
And when it comes to wishes, I wish for you the best,
And when it comes to blessings, you beat all the rest.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Grandbaby by Elena Plotkin )
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)