My dreams for you are one of many,
You are after all my grandbaby!
One of my happiest days on this earth,
was the day your mother gave you birth.
On that special day when you were born,
I felt my own life's purpose being reborn.
And now I live just for the chance to see,
My grandbaby all grown up healthy and happy!
There's nothing you can possibly ever say or do,
That would ever make me lose my faith in you.
There's nothing you could ever ask of me,
That I would not do for you and do gladly.
Perhaps you need a shoulder or maybe just an ear to bend.
You'll find mine are better than your parent's or friend's.
And if you need an ally or an arsenal by your side.
You'll never find a more welcome home if you tried.
I long to tell you stories and I long to hear yours too.
I long to spend every moment I can just being with you!
And when it comes to wishes, I wish for you the best,
And when it comes to blessings, you beat all the rest.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Grandbaby by Elena Plotkin )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If you really don't want me in your life., Beautiful Lie
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- I love boobs, Randy Johnson
Poem of the Day
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph
- Mr. right, hasmukh amathalal