* My Heart's Empty Spaces
I have looked for you in many strange places:
Highways, subways, and in my heart's empty spaces.
By brightlight, flickering light, by rain and sun.
I waited. That is when this quest had begun.
I wrote in imperfect rhymes, by day and night.
That is how the heart reasons, and why I write.
That is how the ache is dissipated, as days go on
As times whistles by and hope is born.
I have waited at street corners, even in biting cold
Many strange cities have I roamed, wild and bold;
To follow my destiny was a toss of dice.
Beloved, if only you could love me twice.
Rani Turton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* My Heart's Empty Spaces by Rani Turton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Girl Jumping Rope, Morgan Michaels
- Woodsmen Day, Doris Beaulieu
- stamp, Alvinzor Flores
- Darkness of the Day, Pintu Mahakul
- A cigar aficionado, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Heartless, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay