It is true:
from our little house
in the suburbs.
taken our children
out for the night
as I sit
on the porch in a witch hat.
come home from
a long day
to a special meal
I have prepared
just for him.
told me he loves me
beside a warm fire
on our honeymoon.
But he will.
Erica Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Husband by Erica Francis )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley