Babalola Augustine Adeola
Turn on the tap of creativity,
Open the well of wisdom,
Let me feel the flow.
Engrave our heart OLODUMARE.
Excavate our heart and exhume it of evil.
Cure us of guilt
And deliver us to our inner man
The prosecutor that wanting he may find not.
That our land may feel the new flow of freshness
Our heart onenss
And take our mother to SOKOTI ALAGBEDE ORUN
to melt and beat her again
and to the house of the potter for re-molding.
Destroy finally the ADINGBARANKU
who sat atop stirring the wheel.
The face with many hands
the constant guest at our four year festival
who only changes his mask
and let PA MAKU die finally
as one day KOKUMO will have to die
They have ate the fruit our fore fathers sowed with their blood
making their labour dance AZONTO and ETINGI in the valley of vain
refusing to replant.
Calling us wasted and lazy generation.
You have watched enough.
OGBEJA KERU O B’ONIJA arise
For today I call on behalf of my brothers
Cure us of the epilepsy that always disgrace us at the market square
That our fathers infected us with
Erase our path from theirs.
Let us live as orphans in their life time.
Sprinkle their blood in the air and let it wet the road.
If they refuse AGBEJE leaves on their hands
Before you accept my oblation and drive my request home,
Cure us of our inheritance
For our heart harbors more darkness than theirs.
We have not just learnt the trade,
Improvement we have brought to it.
Cure us first before you cure our land.
For all these I pray.
Babalola Augustine Adeola's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Prayer by Babalola Augustine Adeola )
- Her Pain I Understand, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoyan Observations, Mark R. Elias
- Our current world عالمنا الحالي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Incas, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fellow Lovers, Saiom Shriver
- Dark October Skies, Lilly Emery
- In den vreemde, Madrason writer
- SOLVING THE OLD CONUNDRUM THAT ASKS WHIC.., Nicholas Campbell
- Does He Tell Her About Me?, Emma R. Kessler
- Evil's ugly makers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)