The lovely flower with alluring essence...
The ripe fruit with it's juice...
The flushing meadow and the golden bay
Attract me so intense.
The gorgeous lass with her curves and cleavage
Entices me and fascinates.
I being a foodie too -
And a connoisseur of beauty and love,
I’ll eat, drink, inhale and praise-
With fullest content and delight.
As a bee from flower to flower
Roams in the garden so free
Sucks honey with it's will and wish
Quite merrily with such an ease.
No matter – who thinks what
In whichever way he may like
It is my birth right to cherish my life –
In my own befitting way.
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Right by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan
- Simply Spoken Dissearpering Vapors, Heather Burns
- amour is armour because of the r, Mandolyn ...
- Where Can I Buy Happine$$, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken Wind Dance, Heather Burns
- Lights Out, Bill Cantrell
- our conversation's getting fat, Mandolyn ...
- AHMAD RAMI احمد رامي, MOHAMMAD SKATI