My School - Julien Day School 35 E, Elgin Road, Calcutta.
I often wonder, what did my school offer?
Did it do anything substantial?
People ask me, genuinely
What is the spice of your sexy write?
Firstly I don't know if I write.
I don't know if it has any spice.
To many in my family I am a lousy lice.
But that's not the point, this poem is not about my vice.
My school taught me to be me.
It taught me to be free.
It taught me to be bold and yet be a bee.
Small yet humming with intensity.
Never to be worried about marks.
Never to be worried about if I passed,
But to be worried to death, if I did really enjoy the class.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My School - Julien Day School 35 E, Elgin Road, Calcutta. by Hardik Vaidya )
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns