Suman Kumar Das
Somebody knocks gently
At the door of my hushed heart.
‘Who is there? ’ I ask,
But get no reply in return.
When I open the door
Only view a light shadow
Receding slowly far from me.
I know not when comes
And when goes that shadow,
Still it feels very close to me.
Sometimes I refrain myself
From opening the door,
Lest that would disappear.
But I can’t stop my curiosity
Wish to discern the identity.
Finally I realize the truth;
That is none but my own shadow.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Shadow by Suman Kumar Das )
- Equinox, Lawrence Beck
- One's sadness or happiness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Auto rikshaw., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Invocation of Rain, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Remnants Left Behind, Heather Burns
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)