Suman Kumar Das
Somebody knocks gently
At the door of my hushed heart.
‘Who is there? ’ I ask,
But get no reply in return.
When I open the door
Only view a light shadow
Receding slowly far from me.
I know not when comes
And when goes that shadow,
Still it feels very close to me.
Sometimes I refrain myself
From opening the door,
Lest that would disappear.
But I can’t stop my curiosity
Wish to discern the identity.
Finally I realize the truth;
That is none but my own shadow.
Suman Kumar Das's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Shadow by Suman Kumar Das )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Last Words, Deborah DeNicola
- It's Funny, Isn't It?, Lili Domis
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal