Awakening from darkness I embark on my journey
The drought of this soul longs ardent inspection
Serene truths mirrored in life tell my story
In radiant shadows I now know Allah's reflection.
Such beauty from within me
Your truth believed
Conviction met in loving others fills this heart
It's the love we are giving not love we have received
Allah in his patience grants me this new start.
Visions of love and forgiving spirit calms the soul
Surrender to love brings awareness of softened ills
Voices outside life's door emotions to control
Some plant, some water, but only Allah fulfills.
Acquaintances now friends laughter ascribed
With a heart overwhelmed I am surely at peace
Quiet smiles passionately stir needs deep inside
My Eternal melody set in cast.
Now set at ease.
Mahfooz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Utopia by Mahfooz Ali )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Boomerang, Michelle Claus
- Thrills and spills(Hindi translation), Thampi KEE
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey