Don't you dare look at me with that gaze!
No! I don't want to be held!
That was MY job!
Ugh, my head hurts
Just leave me alone
My misery is of my own episode
Because I had the love of my life,
And my heart is much too raw to caress
When I inhale, I feel there is hope
But my sigh soon puts this dream to rest
I do not wish to inhale anymore
There is nothing here that I want
Just let me rest and send yourself from me
Oh, that spot on the white carpet is still there
The one he made when he spilt that grape juice
It was his favorite besides watermelon
My good little boy named after his father
Such a humble and respectable name
Oh, God, please don't let me forget it
Why did my son have to be so brave?
I guess I did raise him right
He ran out there and saved that young girl
And recieved her present of fatal metal
Instead of coming home and eating dinner
My boy was just like his father
And just like him, gone as well
Could I find a bullet to jump in front of?
Will there come a day when I must save someone?
Will I ever be back with my two good men?
I pray for the day every waking hour
It's in my thoughts when I walk down that street
I can't help but remember where they out-lined his body
Around the corner is the alley where the murderer escaped
He escaped after killing MY SON!
I can't believe he's dead
And what am I to live for?
Please leave me to my loneliness
So that I may go to sleep in my solitude
And hopefully exhale tonight
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Wishes by Yasmin Rubayo )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Forgotten Things, Archan Mehta
- Regression, Luo Zhihai
- None Shall Outlive These Rhymes, Hannington Mumo
- Days Of You I Miss, Spiritwind Wood