Lawrence S. Pertillar
Neither Zest Nor Zeal
There is little that I do,
That lacks compassion.
Each breath I take,
Is identified with purpose.
And to know that others feel,
Neither zest nor zeal for life to express...
Leaves me to wonder,
How can one awaken each day...
With only pettiness on their mind.
And searching for more of it to inspect,
As if the finding of it is all they expect.
To then become upset,
If their need for it is not immediately found.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Neither Zest Nor Zeal by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay