I'll never surrender, forever fighting til the end. Life often buries my face in the dirt, yet I stand to my feet and try again.
At times the world is cold and harsh, things never seem to go the right way.
I must march out of the darkness and never again let myself fall astray.
I'm far from perfect, so many bad choices I tend to repeat.
But continue with my head held high, for I will never accept defeat.
Still the past memories and negativity slice through me, I lie bleeding with my fragile heart tossed upon the ground.
Somehow I must remain positive, keep in my mind the peace and faith I have found.
There has been far too many days lost by dwelling on the past.
Can't go back and change it, so I must make the most of life while it lasts.
Will not lay in sorrow, no more desolation and despair.
My daughters by my side, like two angels giving me the strength to withstand the beating, take it all, grin and bear.
I can not surrender, I must be here for my kids everyday and give them everything that I possibly can.
To have love, trust, guidance, and a better childhood than myself is the ultimate plan.
With these goals set that I must accomplish, never will I give up, I will always try.
I'll push through the agonizing pain to stand, never will I lay down and die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Never Surrender by Joshua Crumpton )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Dance Is A Poem Gesturted Through, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Salvage, appiah japheth
- Sitting In The Park, Paul Gerard Reed
- I wish for peace and not war pieces, Juwon Daniel
- Life is more than anything else, gajanan mishra
- DJ, The Making of A DJ, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Innocent heart, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'll Be Here, Michael P. McParland
- Kitchen Charade, Nicole C Esbach
- &, Nicole C Esbach