I'll never surrender, forever fighting til the end. Life often buries my face in the dirt, yet I stand to my feet and try again.
At times the world is cold and harsh, things never seem to go the right way.
I must march out of the darkness and never again let myself fall astray.
I'm far from perfect, so many bad choices I tend to repeat.
But continue with my head held high, for I will never accept defeat.
Still the past memories and negativity slice through me, I lie bleeding with my fragile heart tossed upon the ground.
Somehow I must remain positive, keep in my mind the peace and faith I have found.
There has been far too many days lost by dwelling on the past.
Can't go back and change it, so I must make the most of life while it lasts.
Will not lay in sorrow, no more desolation and despair.
My daughters by my side, like two angels giving me the strength to withstand the beating, take it all, grin and bear.
I can not surrender, I must be here for my kids everyday and give them everything that I possibly can.
To have love, trust, guidance, and a better childhood than myself is the ultimate plan.
With these goals set that I must accomplish, never will I give up, I will always try.
I'll push through the agonizing pain to stand, never will I lay down and die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Never Surrender by Joshua Crumpton )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Mark Strand
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Those Who Long For Death, Saiom Shriver
- Babe, Saiom Shriver
- Twelve Christmas Angels, Loyd C. Taylor
- When I am able to do what I like عندما ا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- At Poemhunter, Khairul Ahsan
- Within My Dreams, Michael P. McParland