I'll never surrender, forever fighting til the end. Life often buries my face in the dirt, yet I stand to my feet and try again.
At times the world is cold and harsh, things never seem to go the right way.
I must march out of the darkness and never again let myself fall astray.
I'm far from perfect, so many bad choices I tend to repeat.
But continue with my head held high, for I will never accept defeat.
Still the past memories and negativity slice through me, I lie bleeding with my fragile heart tossed upon the ground.
Somehow I must remain positive, keep in my mind the peace and faith I have found.
There has been far too many days lost by dwelling on the past.
Can't go back and change it, so I must make the most of life while it lasts.
Will not lay in sorrow, no more desolation and despair.
My daughters by my side, like two angels giving me the strength to withstand the beating, take it all, grin and bear.
I can not surrender, I must be here for my kids everyday and give them everything that I possibly can.
To have love, trust, guidance, and a better childhood than myself is the ultimate plan.
With these goals set that I must accomplish, never will I give up, I will always try.
I'll push through the agonizing pain to stand, never will I lay down and die.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Never Surrender by Joshua Crumpton )
- Pizza Talk and English Beer, Stacy L. Mar
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
- Alabama Truck Stops, Stacy L. Mar
- Of Supernovas and Starfire, Stacy L. Mar
- Of You, Who Do Not Know Me, Stacy L. Mar
- The Wind Blowing Backwards, Stacy L. Mar
- Metrazol, Luke J. Holt
- Sliding Into Old Shoes, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns