As I gaze at the mirror that hangs, what is this that I see.
As I stare, I wonder how this person looking back is who I've come to be.
I look into those eyes, in which seem to only behold sadness.
Lonely no matter where I turn, and can't seem to escape this madness.
If I were to look into that heart, and through my very soul,
I would find a world of emptiness and pain that I can't seem to control.
Yet I don't move, and can't see, it's like in darkness I feel blind.
Why do I continue to stare at this mirror, what is it that I hope to find?
There is a dark side of the mirror, in which I'm afraid to say,
Feeling like a demon from hell cast out to play.
That's the part that does evil and idiotic things,
No matter what happens and what it brings.
I try to keep it in, something I must get rid of or atleast hide.
But I can't bury it, because still it's lurking deep down inside.
As I look upon this mirror, I see so much anger and pain.
I've tried to hide it, but no matter what the mirror still remains.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Mirror by Joshua Crumpton )
- Please Know, Michael McParland
- Pity Party of One -or- I Never Got His N.., Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- She, Divya Singh
- The Garden, William Jay Smith
- The Flight, William Jay Smith
- Touch the Air Softly, William Jay Smith
- Dachshunds, William Jay Smith
- Sweet Home, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Butterfly, William Jay Smith
- The readiness, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)