As I gaze at the mirror that hangs, what is this that I see.
As I stare, I wonder how this person looking back is who I've come to be.
I look into those eyes, in which seem to only behold sadness.
Lonely no matter where I turn, and can't seem to escape this madness.
If I were to look into that heart, and through my very soul,
I would find a world of emptiness and pain that I can't seem to control.
Yet I don't move, and can't see, it's like in darkness I feel blind.
Why do I continue to stare at this mirror, what is it that I hope to find?
There is a dark side of the mirror, in which I'm afraid to say,
Feeling like a demon from hell cast out to play.
That's the part that does evil and idiotic things,
No matter what happens and what it brings.
I try to keep it in, something I must get rid of or atleast hide.
But I can't bury it, because still it's lurking deep down inside.
As I look upon this mirror, I see so much anger and pain.
I've tried to hide it, but no matter what the mirror still remains.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Mirror by Joshua Crumpton )
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)