As I gaze at the mirror that hangs, what is this that I see.
As I stare, I wonder how this person looking back is who I've come to be.
I look into those eyes, in which seem to only behold sadness.
Lonely no matter where I turn, and can't seem to escape this madness.
If I were to look into that heart, and through my very soul,
I would find a world of emptiness and pain that I can't seem to control.
Yet I don't move, and can't see, it's like in darkness I feel blind.
Why do I continue to stare at this mirror, what is it that I hope to find?
There is a dark side of the mirror, in which I'm afraid to say,
Feeling like a demon from hell cast out to play.
That's the part that does evil and idiotic things,
No matter what happens and what it brings.
I try to keep it in, something I must get rid of or atleast hide.
But I can't bury it, because still it's lurking deep down inside.
As I look upon this mirror, I see so much anger and pain.
I've tried to hide it, but no matter what the mirror still remains.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Mirror by Joshua Crumpton )
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Flying out, maryline vautravers
- From God to God, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- Conscienceless, hafiz qasim
- Al Contorno L Ser Humano, Zoila T. Flores
- Pernickety, hafiz qasim
- Turning In, Michael P. McParland
- True Love 3, Michael P. McParland
- True Love 2, Michael P. McParland
- Dream Number 4 (love), Smoky Hoss
- True Love, Michael P. McParland